- 15 min
- 30 min
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Dairyland butter
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, sliced thinly
- 125 mL (½ cup) frozen green peas
- 65 mL (1/4 cup) Dairyland 35% whipping cream
- 65 mL (1/4 cup) Dairyland milk
- 5 mL (1 tsp) fresh dill, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 2 hot smoked salmon fillets, broken into pieces, skin discarded
- Fleur de sel or other flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh dill
- Chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F). Oil four 250 mL (1 cup) capacity ramekins, and place into a large baking pan with high sides (such as a lasagna or a roasting pan).
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Sauté the leeks until very tender, about 10 minutes. Add the green peas, cream, milk, lemon zest, and dill. Whisk to incorporate, then lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins. Top with pieces of smoked salmon, then crack an egg over each serving. Pour boiling water into the large baking pan halfway up the ramekins’ side, making sure not to spill water into the ramekins. Carefully transfer the pan to the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Season each serving with fleur de sel and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with dill and chives. Serve immediately, with crusty bread alongside.