- 2 hr 15 min
- 3 hr
- 2 loaves
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and warm water. Add the yeast and set aside in a warm area for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and salt. Pour the flour into the bowl of a stand mixer. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the eggs, milk, lemon juice, and sugar/yeast mixture.
- Using your stand’s hook attachment, mix the dough on medium speed for approximately 5 minutes (add flour if mixture becomes too sticky). Add the melted butter and continue to mix until the dough is elastic.
- Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let rise in a warm area for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- On a clean, floured work surface, divide the dough into 6 balls. Place 3 balls in 2 different 9-inch x 5-inch bread molds. Cover the molds with a damp towel and let rise in a warm area for 30 minutes, meanwhile preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place a baking sheet filled with water on the bottom rack of oven. Bake the bread on the centre rack for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven once done. In a bowl, combine the sugar and water and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Brush the loaves with the sugar/water mixture and let rest at least 10 minutes prior to serving.