- 15 min
- 30 min
- 2 slices of bacon, finely chopped
- One leek white, chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely diced
- ½ green pepper, finely diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) oats
- 500 ml (2 cups) Joyya by Dairyland 2% Ultrafiltered Milk
- 125 ml (½ cup) Armstrong Mozza Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- 2 eggs, cooked to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Chives, chopped
- In a large pot, cook the bacon over low heat for 10 minutes, or until crunchy. Set aside.
- Remove part of the bacon grease and set aside, leaving around 1 tablespoon of fat in the pot.
- Add the leek and peppers and sauté over medium heat for one minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the oatmeal and the second half of bacon fat and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the milk and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add half of the cheese to the oatmeal and mix well until melted.
- Cook eggs as desired (scrambled, over easy, sunny side up).
- Divide oatmeal between two bowls. Add the remaining cheese, vegetables, bacon, eggs and garnish with chives.
Products in this recipe
Joyya Ultrafiltered Milk
Offering 18 g of protein per 250 mL and 25% less lactose (sugar)
than regular milk, our Joyya ultrafiltered milk is a simple way to fuel your day with a little extra joy.