- 10 min
- 15 min
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dairyland butter
- 2 sirloin-type steaks, 1-inch thick, trimmed of fat and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 750 ml (3 cups) mushrooms (Cremini, King Ering, Paris), cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 small onion, minced
- ½ garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 250 ml (1 cup) dry white wine
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) smoked paprika
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) veal stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) Dairyland sour cream
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh dill, chopped
- Egg noodles, to serve
- In a large pan (preferably cast-iron) set over medium-high heat, sear steak slices in 15 ml of butter, 10 seconds each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and cook the mushrooms, onions, and garlic in the remaining butter for 5 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times. Add the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the paprika and veal stock, stir and reduce by half. Turn off heat, add the steak slices, half the sour cream, and half the dill. Stir and season.
- Cook the egg noodles according to package instructions. Serve the beef Stroganoff over the noodles and garnish with sour cream and dill.
Products in this recipe
It’s the dip to your chips, the topping to your perogies, the secret in your recipe. No matter the fat level, our sour cream is the perfect pairing you can’t live without.