- 45 min
- 60 min
Dough (see note)
- 180 mL (¾ cup) lukewarm water
- 10 mL (2 tsp) sugar
- 7 mL (1½ tsp) active dry yeast
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sea salt
- 430 mL (1¾ cups) all-purpose flour
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Dairyland butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) onion, finely chopped
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) fresh oregano
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Dairyland unsalted butter
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 250 mL (1 cup) Dairyland whipping cream
- 125 mL (½ cup) Dairyland microfiltered milk
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) ground black pepper
- 120 g (¾ cup) Saputo grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and cut into strips
- 5 mL (1 tsp) fresh thyme
- 5 mL (1 tsp) fresh oregano
- 1 handful fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 250 mL (1 cup) Saputo Mozzarellissima shredded cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) cooked pancetta, cubed
- ½ green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, thinly sliced
- 125 mL (½ cup) yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dough
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water and sugar.
- Sprinkle yeast on the surface of the water and let rest for 5 minutes without stirring. Add olive oil and sea salt and stir with a fork.
- Add 250 mL (1 cup) of the flour and stir with a fork until the flour is fully incorporated and the mixture becomes sticky.
- Add an additional 125 mL (½ cup) of the flour and knead to incorporate.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface floured with the remaining 60 mL (¼ cup) of flour. Knead for 5-7 minutes, or until the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth and supple.
- Transfer the dough to a large, oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rest for 90 minutes at room temperature.
For the pizza
- Preheat the oven to 230 oC (450 oF). Place the rack at the top of the oven.
- Prepare the garlic butter by melting the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, then adding all the other ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare the Alfredo sauce. Start by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, then add the flour, whisking to avoid lumps. Slowly add the cream and milk, whisking continuously for 2 minutes until the mixture becomes smooth and thick. Incorporate the salt, pepper and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into two balls. Roll each ball into a disc of about 40 cm (16 in) in diameter, then transfer to a pizza pan.
- Spread the garlic butter onto each disc, then pour on about 250 mL (1 cup) of sauce, or to taste.
- Top with chicken, herbs, Mozzarella cheese, pancetta, pepper, onions and tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is fully golden.
- Top with a few leaves of arugula just before serving.
- Repeat for the second pizza.
Note: For a quick and easy way to prepare this recipe, use store-bought pizza dough.