- 15 min
- 40 min
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the butter and brown sugar on medium until the sugar begins melting around the edges. Cook 3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the sugar has melted and caramelized. Remove from the heat and slowly and carefully add the 36% cream, followed by the orange juice and vanilla extract.
- Return the caramel to the stove and cook over medium heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced by 1/3 and is thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the banana slices. Cool to room temperature.*
- While the sauce is cooling, place the coconut on a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice, until golden. Set aside.
- To assemble the dessert, spoon most of the bananas into the bottom of 4 medium sized glasses, leaving some sauce and a few banana slices for the topping. Divide the cottage cheese between the glasses and top with the remaining bananas and sauce. Finish each serving with a generous sprinkling of toasted coconut.
- * At this point the banana-caramel mixture may be refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days. Make sure to warm before using.