- 35 min
- 1 h 5 min
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) walnut halves
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 240 g (2 cups) Armstrong extra old cheddar cheese, grated
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Dairyland 36% cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) mayonnaise
- 5 mL (1 tsp) dijon mustard
- 2 drops Worcestershire sauce
- to taste: salt and freshly ground pepper
- Sufficient quantity Dairyland milk
- 1 iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Armstrong extra old cheddar cheese, crumbled
- to taste: fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- In a bowl, stir the nuts with the maple syrup and spread them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, until nicely browned. Remove from oven and slide the sheet of parchment (with the nuts) off the baking pan and onto a rack. Cool the nuts to room temperature and break them into pieces.
- In a small saucepan, combine the first three ingredients for the sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a whisk, until it reaches the boiling point and begins to thicken. Remove from heat immediately and cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, pulse the cooled cheese mixture and the mayonnaise until smooth. Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and blend well. Add just enough milk to obtain a pourable sauce. Refrigerate.
- To serve, place a wedge of lettuce on each place and pour some sauce over it. Garnish with the caramelized walnuts, crumbled cheese and fresh chives.