- 15 min
- 90 min
- 250 mL (1 cup) oil
- 3 large eggs
- 400 g (2 cups) brown sugar
- 425 g (2 cups) pureed pumpkin
- 250 mL (1 cup) Dairyland 1% lactose free partly skimmed milk
- 4 g (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 400 g (3 1/3 cup) flour
- 3 g (1 tsp) baking soda
- 4 g (1 tsp) baking powder
- 6 g (1 tsp) salt
- 3 g (1 1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 g (1/2 tsp) allspice
- 205 g (1 cup) butter-flavoured shortening
- 330 g (3 cups) powdered sugar
- 13 g (1 tbsp) vanilla extract
- 78 g (5 tbsp) Dairyland 1% lactose free partly skimmed milk
Maple Drizzle Ingredients
- 60 mL (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 55 g (½ cup) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 177°C (350°F).
- Grease a 9”x13” pan with butter, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, eggs, and brown sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Add in pureed pumpkin, milk, and vanilla extract, and mix on medium until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and allspice.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, and mix on low, just until combined. Use a spatula to scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure everything is incorporated.
- Pour batter into greased pan. Place into the oven.
- Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven when done, and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing carefully from pan, and allow to cool for another 20 minutes, or until it is cool to the touch.
- While cake is cooling, prepare the frosting and maple drizzle.
- In a medium bowl, combine shortening, powdered sugar, vanilla, and Dairyland Plus TruTaste Lactose Free 1% Milk. Mix together on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add more milk or powdered sugar if needed.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and powdered sugar. Whisk together until smooth. Adjust thickness until desired consistency is reached.
- Use the frosting to frost the cake, and then drizzle with maple drizzle.
- Serve and enjoy.
*Cake will keep in an airtight container for a few days. It also freezes well.
A recipe developed by our foodie influencer @kelsey_thefarmersdaughter