- 15 min
- 30 min
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 250 ml (1 cup) Dairyland cottage cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) lemon zest
- 250 ml (1 cup) Dairyland 2% microfiltered milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cup) fresh blueberries
- Dairyland butter
- Mix egg yolks with cottage cheese, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract and milk in a blender until smooth.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the whites into the batter until mixture is well blended.
- Add blueberries and gently fold in.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour batter with heaping tablespoons to form small round pancakes.
- Cook until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Serve hot.
- Drizzle with maple syrup to serve.
Products in this recipe
From the classic milk you’ve always loved to alternatives that meet your family’s every need, Dairyland milk products always bring quality to the heart of your home.
A nutritious snack. A light lunch. A favourite for generations. Since joining the Dairyland family, our cottage cheese has become a delicious classic and nutritious choice worth making every day.