Skip to Content
- 10 min
- 30 min
- 4 - 6
- 24 jumbo pasta shells (approximately 400 g)
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) canola oil
- 750 g (1 ½ lbs) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package of taco spice mix
- 180 mL (2/3 cup) water
- 500 mL (2 cups) homemade salsa (or store-bought)
- 750 mL (3 cups) strained tomatoes
- 500 mL (2 cups) marble cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 mL (1 cup) Dairyland sour cream
- Juice of one lime
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook the pasta shells according to package directions. Let cool and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef in the oil over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the taco spice mix and onion, cook while stirring for 3 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-low, add the water, stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the salsa to the mix and give it one more stir. Stuff pasta shells with the mix and set aside.
- Pour the strained tomatoes into the baking dish. Place the shells on top and sprinkle them with marble cheddar cheese.
- Cook on the oven’s middle rack for 12 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the Dairyland sour cream with the lime juice and fresh cilantro. Serve the shells topped with this mixture.