- 25 min
- 1 h 45 min
- 8 to 10
- 1 1/2 cup (425 mL) graham cracker crumb
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted Dairyland butter, melted
- 750 grams (3 blocks) cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup (175 mL) Dairyland 14% sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (425 mL) Dairyland 14% sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine the graham cracker crumb and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan to form an even layer. Bake in the center of the oven for 10 min. Let cool to room temperature.
- Using an electric mixer, mix cream cheese with sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest. Add in sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to avoid lumps and uneven mixing. Add salt and then eggs one at a time and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Scrape mixture onto the prepared graham crumb crust and smooth the top. Bake in the center of the oven for about 60 minutes, or until the cake is set. Test by lightly shaking the cake pan. The cake will not jiggle once cooked through. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the topping by stirring the sour cream with the sugar and lemon juice. Smooth over cheesecake into an even layer. Return cake to the center oven for 10 minutes.
- Chill cheesecake in refrigerator for 1 hour. Run a knife around the edges of the cake before unmolding. Enjoy cheesecake with fresh berries or fruit jam.