Skip to Content
- 10 min
- 14 min
Tropical Granola Breakfast Pizza
- 600 mL (2 1/2 cups) bran flakes
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 250 mL (1 cup) dried mangoes, chopped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) toasted coconut
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 100 mL (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- 250 mL (1 cup) Dairyland cottage cheese
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit of your choice for topping (mangoes, pineapples, dragon fruit, papaya)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (340°F).
- Combine Bran cornflakes, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, dried mangoes, toasted coconut, ground cinnamon and sea salt; mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, add the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until they are completely combined.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and mix well, ensuring everything is evenly coated.
- Spread mixture on baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in oven for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and mix with plastic spatula or wooden spoon.
- Re-layer mixture on baking sheet and return to the oven for another 5-6 minutes.
- Pay close attention to the granola as it will turn golden brown very quickly. Remove from oven and let cool down completely (your granola will crisp up once it has cooled).
- In a food processor or blender, add Dairyland cottage cheese and 1 sliced banana. Pulse ingredients until smooth. Add vanilla extract and pulse again.
- Layer whipped banana cottage cheese mixture onto granola and serve with your favourite fresh fruit.